—–> Ok, I wrote this in October and never finished it or posted it. I’m posting it now. I thought it was funny the way I left things. :)
It would appear that I am way behind on this blog. I used to be pretty good at keeping this ol’ thing up.
Here’s a little “10 things” update.
1. Miss Ellie Gwen is now 5 months old. She’s a joy. Always happy, always adorable and always stealing the show. She started rolling over both ways a bit prior to 3 months. At 4 months, she was sitting for short periods of time. Doing better with that and starting to scoot all over.
2. We moved! Just closed on the sale of our house on Friday. It was stressful and a lot of work but so worth it. Although, we were sad to say goodbye to that beautiful little home.
3. Wes has started preschool. It’s an in home preschool with a very convienient location … our house! I am teaching with help from my sister, Mary. We have 10 kids. It has been pretty fun so far.
4. Ellie has been exclusively breastfed and it appears to be working. She’s just shy of 20 pounds and 28.5 inches tall. That puts her above the 97th percentile in weight and over the 100th percentile in height. This girl is big and so squishy. She wears some 9 month clothing but mostly 12 month. On a funny note, she was wearing leggings the other day that were all stretched out on her big thighs and my friend pointed out that they were a bigger size (18-24 month) than her 2.5 year old was wearing (9 month).
5. I don’t mean to brag or anything but I have lost 50 pounds in 5 months. Ok, I want to brag but all I have really done is breastfeed. I was so fat my body literally couldn’t keep up with it. I still have 10 to lose but I’m trying to just be happy no matter my weight. I really struggle with my weight and always feel fat not matter what size I am. …Side note: how the hell did I gain 60 pounds? I had lost 17 pounds the first 4 months of that pregnancy, too. So really in 5 months I gained 77 pounds. Yikes.
6. Kirk is still a great dad. You would just die if you saw him with Ellie. She’s so cute and happy in the mornings he literally CANNOT resist holding her and cuddling her before exclaiming, “Oh, Ellie. I want to hold you all day but I’m already late for work.” Everyday.
7. We got to tag along on Kirk’s business trip to Long Beach. That meant visiting the Bradfords, the Beach and tacking on a trip to Disneyland.
8. We went to Disneyland!!! (I know I already mentioned it but it was a huge deal.)
9. I can’t think of anything else… maybe I’ll finish this another day …